Monday, April 8, 2019

METRO BACOLOD: The Ruins and Campuestohan Highland Resort in 1 DAY



It’s been 3 years since I posted my last blog. I just miss it and many of my friends asking for it. So now, I’m writing my comeback blog with our day tour trip in The Ruins and Campuestohan Highland Resort. All in one day!

METRO BACOLOD consists of Bacolod, Silay, and Talisay. All these three cities are located in the province of Negros Occidental. BACOLOD also known as City of Smiles, is the capital of Negros Occidental. It is known for its Maskara Festival held during the third week of October. The locals here are known to be very friendly so that is why it is called City of Smiles. This city is also famous for its Chicken Inasal. Have you tried it, too? I highly recommend it and you won’t regret it. 

HOW TO GET HERE

There are direct flights to Bacolod from Manila, Butuan, Clark, Cagayan de Oro, Cebu, Davao, Puerto Princesa via Cebu Paciyfic, Philippine Airlines or Air Asia. The airport is situated at Silay. Upon arrival, you may opt to ride a van, shuttle service, taxi or public transportation going to Bacolod City. We tried Van, which located at the airport’s parking area. FARE is 150/pax.

WHERE TO STAY

ONG BUN PENSION HOUSE BACOLOD
We booked thru Traveloka App. It’s very convenient and also cheap because they have coupons/voucher which offers discounted flight and accommodation.  We only paid PHP 1,218 (2 pax) good for two nights. It is a perfect location, near in the malls, banks, market, and port. Very accessible to all the transporation.

The room is simple and spacious. If you look forward to more adventures, this simple house is for you. But if you prefer to have a staycation and just want to relax more, it’s up to you to choose the best hotel or airbnb you can afford. 



The Ruins






Woke up early around 7am to start the day trip. Let me start with The Ruins. To get here from Bacolod City Proper, take a jeepney en route to Bata. Drop off at the tricycle terminal near Pepsi factory. Ride a tricycle going to The Ruins. Fare is 50/pax. NOTE: There is a limited tricycle going back to the main road so it is best to ask the driver to wait for you. The Ruins also known as “Taj Mahal of the Philippines” is located at Talisay. It is the remains of the ancestral home mansion of the family Lacson that turned into ruins. It is one of the most famous heritage landmarks in the Philippine

The Ruins welcomes visitors from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
Entrance Fees: Adult PHP 100
                         Kids  PHP   20
                         Senior Citizen/ PWD PHP 70
                         Student PHP 60



After enjoying The Ruins, you may roam around, chill and take pictures at the park outside.

Campuestohan Highland Resort


Next is Campuestohan Highland Resort, from The Ruins, ride a tricycle and tell the driver to drop you off at terminal going to IMART Convenience Store near Caltex and ride in Campuestohan Shuttle Service. Trips go daily on hourly basis from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM  (except 12:00-1:00 PM). Fare is PHP 70 per pax.



Take me to ♥️



Campuestohan Highland Resort is a rural theme park situated in the highlands of Mt. Makawili, 800 meters from above ground. They have swimming pools, King Kong, Restaurant Pavillion, coffee shop, children’s playground, Indian Villages, Dino Park, spa and many more. I really wish I stayed a lot of time here. Accommodation is also available here, you can choose between Bonita Hut, Log Cabin rooms, Teepee (or wigwam) and King Kong room. If you want some adventure rides, they have also 340-meter zipline, horseback riding, rope course, bungee trampoline, etc. Campuestohan has a lot to offer. This is really a perfect place if you want to swim, relax and unwind with adventurous vibes.  I promise to myself that I will bring my family here because this place is perfect for all ages.

ENTRANCE FEE: PHP 200  ONLY

Dino Park
Indian Village



Campuestohan Highland Resort and The Ruins are the two top destinations in Negros Occidental.

This city is really giving you big charming smiles. Put this on your travel list and I am sure you will like it. I hope this blog can help and please bear with me because I wrote here all I remember on our trip and all in my head.

Other parts of my Negros Island trip such as Lakawon and Sipalay on my next blog.

THANK YOU ♥️

EXPENSES

ENTRANCE FEES -  PHP 600
TRANSPORTATION -  PHP 528
FOODS

TOTAL PHP 1128 without FOOD 

For the camera, We used IPHONE X, FUJIFILM XA3  and GOPRO HERO 7 Black.

DISCLAIMER: These photos were taken by me and my boyfriend when using these photos, please use my domain name (thewanderchic.blogspot.com) for credit. Thank you! follow me on Instagram @thewanderchic_










1 comment: